Contract Vs Non-Contract Cell Phone Plans - Captivating Pros And Nasty Cons

There has been a huge debate over which type of cell phone plan is better, contract plans or non-contract plans. I will not share my opinion on which one I think is better. Today I will share with you some pros and some cons to help you make a decision on which one is better.

Contract Plans:

I used to have a contract phone when I was in high school. My mom got it for me because she wanted to keep in contact with me in case an emergency happened while I was in school.

Here are 2 Pros:

1. In my opinion, I believe that you will have better customer service. Although this is not true for every single carrier, in a lot of cases, the customer service agencies are normally nicer and more helpful. After all, you have agreed to a two year deal so it is only natural to keep you happy as a customer. They want to keep you happy so you can renew your contract with them again when it is over.

2. In addition, you also pay less for your phones. Instead of paying 500 dollars or more on a cell phone, you get to pay it at a smaller capacity every month. Not many of us have enough money to just buy a cell phone in cash and walk out, so this is a good option in my opinion.

2 Cons:

1. You are committed, on average, for two years and you will have to pay a huge price in order to leave, if you do not want to stay anymore.

2. Fees: Contract Phones are normally riddles with many fees. People who have prepaid or non-contract plans usually have fewer fees.

Non-Contract Plans

When I was in college, I wanted to have a better phone so I got a contract phone. Its abilities were amazing, and I could do virtually anything on that phone.

Here are 2 pros:

1. The savings are usually bigger. Since you are not obligated to any contracts, you have more power to pay for the things you want to pay for.

2. Flexibility:

If you need to take a break from your carrier, then you can do so easily. Unlike contract plans, you will not have to pay for any termination fees.

Here are 2 cons:

1. You are not the top priority to your carrier. While this is not true for all carriers, some carriers believe that they should put more energy towards the people committed to them. They use less energy towards the consumers that can leave them at any time.

2. In addition, the customer service tends to be a little poorer than the people who are under contract. The reason for this is because of loyalty. Businesses tend to favor consumers who want to be with them for a long period of time.

For more information on how to save money on your phone plan and more information on finding the best plan for you, go to Save Right Now!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Marc-Eddy_Drouinaud_Jr/2289154



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9767028

Komentar